MARSHALL, Mich. (WOOD) — Three of the eight people injured in a house fire and explosions in Marshall last week remain in the hospital.
The Marshall Fire Department said Tuesday that two adults, a 38-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman, were being treated at University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor. A 2-year-old girl is being treated at Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo.
The fire happened in the early hours of April 12 at a home near the intersection of Clinton and Maple streets. Neighbors said they were awakened around 1:45 a.m. by the sound of an explosion and cries for help. The house was destroyed.
While the fire is believed to have been sparked by a natural gas leak, it remained under investigation Tuesday, firefighters said.
A 36-year-old man, 35-year-old woman and 10-year-old boy left the hospital the same day.
Another 38-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman were released from the hospital last week.