HASTINGS, Mich. (WOOD) — Schools in the Hastings area are closed Monday after a threat was made to the high school.
Hastings Area Schools posted on its social media accounts Sunday evening that it was calling off classes and that the day care and CERC programs would also be closed. The Community Action programs in Hastings, including Head Start, are also closed due to the threat.
In an email to 24 Hour News 8 Sunday evening, Hastings Superintendent Carrie Duits did not specify the nature of the threat, but said the district had been “working with multiple law enforcement agencies throughout the weekend.”
She said Hastings police advised that classes be canceled to “allow them time needed to conclude their investigation.”
“The school district is committed to collaborating with law enforcement on behalf of safety and security of all,” Duits wrote.