Allegan County

1 injured in suspected propane explosion

CASCO TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — One woman was hospitalized Sunday after an explosion and fire destroyed a home northeast of South Haven.

The blast happened around 12:30 p.m. in the 6000 block of 104th Avenue near 60th Street in Casco Township. South Haven Area Emergency Services said the explosion is believed to have been caused by propane.

An ambulance took the only person in the home, a woman, to the Bronson Burn and Wound Center in Kalamazoo. Her condition was not known later Sunday.

Crews from SHAES, Clyde, Columbia, Ganges and Lee townships responded to the fire. Photos from the scene show the home reduced to smoldering debris and a burned-out car.


More Stories

Featured on eightWest

Photo Galleries

Photo Galleries WOTV
Photos: Cirque du Soleil Crystal Photos: Cirque du Soleil Crystal
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Photo Galleries WOTV
Photos: 2019 Chef's Specialty Fundraiser for Meals on Wheels Photos: 2019 Chef's Specialty Fundraiser for Meals on Wheels
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Photo Galleries
Photos: May 16, 2019 Storm Team 8 Weather Experience- West Kelloggsville Photos: May 16, 2019 Storm Team 8 Weather Experience- West Kelloggsville
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.