GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — A number of school districts in West Michigan are opening up grab-and-go meal sites amid the COVID-19 pandemic, while schools are closed.
Below is a list of districts, times and locations. If you have information about a school or district that is not mentioned, please email ReportIt@woodtv.com with a URL linking to confirmed information.
The state has also provided an interactive map to find food programs for kids.
ALLENDALE PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Starting March 16, Allendale Public Schools is distributing meals to families Monday-Friday between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. Meals are also distributed on Saturday’s between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Meals can be picked up at Ripple Effect at 6561 Lake Michigan Drive.
Additional food pantries are providing meals in Allendale and can be found on the district’s website.
Those who don’t have transportation to Ripple Effect or food pantries, you can make arrangements by emailing Brianne Blanksma at email@example.com and Kari Wiersema at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BATTLE CREEK PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Battle Creek Public Schools will distribute meal packs at each elementary building and the high school. Other locations will be announced.
Meals will include breakfast and lunches for pickup only. Books will also be passed out at each location.
Pickup times will be from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the following dates:
- Tuesday, March 17, Wednesday, March 18 and Friday, March 20.
- Monday, March 23, Wednesday, March 25 and Friday, March 27.
- Monday, March 30, Wednesday, April 1 and Friday, April 3.
More details can be found here.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GRAND RAPIDS:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Grand Rapids are providing free take-out dinners and snacks to children and families in need beginning Monday, March 16 at three club locations in Grand Rapids. The meals will be available Monday through Friday from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Steil Club: 235 Straight Ave. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- Paul I. Phillips Club: 726 Madison Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Seidman Club: 139 Crofton St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507
More details can be found here.
BYRON CENTER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Meals will be available for drive-up pickup on Mondays and Thursdays at Byron Center High School, 8500 Burlingame Ave. SW from noon to 12:30 p.m.
Walk-up pickup will be available at the following locations on Mondays and Thursdays:
- 11:15 a.m. to noon: Prescott Community at 7283 Division Ave.
- 12:15 p.m. to 1 p.m.: Holiday Estates at 440 68th St. SW
- 1:15 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Byron Center Mobile Village at 2680 84th St. SW.
For both drive-up and walk-up, Monday pickups will have three days of breakfast and lunch and Thursday pickups will have four days’ worth of meals. Further details can be found online.
CALEDONIA COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
Meals will be available for pickup from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Duncan Lake Middle School, 9757 Duncan Lake Ave. SE, behind the Food Service and Shipping doors.
CARSON CITY-CRYSTAL AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT:
Meals will be available on March 17 and March 23 for students under 18. Each student will receive a box with five meals at the following sites and times:
- 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Carson City: In front of UE/MS/HS Building
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at Hubbardston: River Park next to Post Office
- 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. at Crystal: Community Center
- 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. Palo: Joe’s Market
Updates can be found here.
CEDAR SPRINGS PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Cedar Springs Public Schools is providing meals for pick-up Monday, Wednesday and Friday from noon to 1:30 p.m. at Cedar Springs High School. Volunteers will deliver meals to families who can’t come to the school.
People who would like these free meals are asked to fill out this form.
CENTRAL MONTCALM PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Starting Tuesday, students under 18 will be able to drive up and pick up meals at Central Montcalm Upper Elementary. This service will be available between 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. weekdays for the three-week closure, including during the planned spring break.
People wanting to use this service are asked to fill out this form.
Pre-packaged meals will be available at four sites, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The meal sites will open Tuesday, March 17 and run through Friday, April 3.
The meals, including breakfast and lunch, are available to anyone 18 and under in Kalamazoo County and anyone 26 and under with special needs in the education program. Although distribution will only take place on weekdays, Friday distribution will include meals for Saturday and Sunday.
- Comstock High School in the bus loop
- Compass High School in the front loop off Gull Road
- Celery Street Park in Comstock Township
- Pavilion Estates near the back of the park by the pavilion
Anyone with questions should email Holly Wait at email@example.com.
COMSTOCK PARK PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Meals may be picked up Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the following locations:
- 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the trailer park on West River Drive.
- 10:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. at the trailer park on the south side of Post Drive at the offices by the mailboxes and circular drive.
- 10:45 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the trailer park on the north side of Post Drive at the offices in the lower parking lot.
- 11:30 a.m. to noon at York Creek Community Center.
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Comstock Park High School back entrance.
COOPERSVILLE AREA PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Meals will be distributed to anyone 18 and under starting March 17 through April 10 on Tuesdays and Fridays. Meals will be provided to students with disabilities who are ages 18 to 26 with an active IEP.
Meals can be picked up from:
- Coopersville Area District Library’s parking lot from 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- Coopersville Timberline Estates Clubhouse from 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Tallmadge Meadows Clubhouse from 12:15 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Additional resources are being provided and can be found here.
FOREST HILLS PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
The district is proving free breakfast and lunch for children 18 years old and under. Meals can be picked up on Tuesdays and Fridays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday’s pickup will have meals to cover for Wednesday through Friday. Friday’s pickup will have meals to cover for Saturday through Tuesday.
Meals can be picked up at:
FREMONT PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Fremont Public Schools will begin bus delivery of school lunches and snacks starting Tuesday. Delivery times will be between 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., but it will take a couple of days to get a fixed schedule in place. Children under 18 and parents can come to the bus when it makes its regular stops, and they will get a bagged lunch and snack.
This is the bus schedule:
- Tuesday, March 17-Friday, March 20
- Monday, March 23—Friday, March 27
- Monday, March 30—Friday, April 2
- Additional dates will be added if the closure continues.
On Monday, Fremont Middle School will have a grab-and-go lunch between 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Beginning Tuesday, the district will have two locations for picking up lunches at Fremont Middle School and the Pine Street Elementary School.
If you have any questions, call 231.924.2350. Updates will also be on its Facebook page.
GODFREY-LEE PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
The district is offering sack breakfasts and lunches to the community. Participants are not required to have a child enrolled in the district to pick up meals.
These schools will have meals for pick-up outside the building from 10 a.m. to noon from Monday through April 3:
- Godfrey-Lee Early Childhood Center (front of the building)
- Godfrey Elementary School (front of the building)
- Lee Middle/High School (parking lot of Havana Street)
GRAND HAVEN AREA PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Grand Haven Area Public Schools is providing a school week’s worth of breakfast and lunch to anyone 18 and under starting March 17. They can be picked up on March 23 and March 30. Weekend meals are being provided by Love in Action. All meals can be picked up between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. at:
- Ferry Elementary School: 1050 Pennoyer Avenue in Grand Haven
- Lake Hills Elementary: 18181 Dogwood Drive in Spring Lake
- Robinson Elementary: 11801 120th Avenue in Grand Haven
- Hope Church: 14932 Mercury Drive in Grand Haven
If you don’t have transportation, you can call the district at 616.850.5040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Love in Action at 616.846.2701.
GRAND RAPIDS PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Grand Rapids Public Schools has six sites will be open for meal pickup from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- City High Middle School: 1720 Plainfield Ave. NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505
- Hope Academy: 240 Brown St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507
- New Faith Temple: 1701 Kalamazoo Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507
- Ottawa Hills High School: 2055 Rosewood Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506
- San Juan Diego Academy: 1650 Godfrey Ave. SW, Wyoming, MI 49509
- Sibley Elementary: 943 Sibley St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Meals, which will be a combination of breakfast and lunch, are available for those 18 and under and are not limited to Grand Rapids Public Schools students.
Anyone who has questions about GRPS’ closure can call 616.301.1111 or email email@example.com.
GRANDVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Grandville Public Schools will provide meals to all children under 18 and post-secondary program students.
Meals will be provided on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Volunteers will take the meals directly to people’s cars at Grandville Middle School, Grandville High School, Cummings Elementary and Ferrand Esates (Grandville food truck at Community Center).
GREENVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Grab-and-go meals for students 18 and under will be available weekdays beginning Tuesday. March 17 through spring break. Meals can be picked up at drive-thrus between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at the following locations:
- Cedar Crest Elementary: 622 S. Cedar St., Greenville
- Lincoln Heights Elementary: 12420 Lincoln Lake Rd. NE, Greenville
HAMILTON COMMUNITY SCHOOLS:
Hamilton Community Schools has meals available for pickup at Hamilton High School on March 17. On March 20, meals will be available at the high school, Bentheim Elementary and Blue Star Elementary. All meals can be picked up between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
HESPERIA COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
Meals will be available for pickup from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays at the bell tower entrance on the north side of the building, a the elementary office on the south side of the building and at the middle school office on the west side of the building. Students will receive three days’ worth of breakfast and lunch.
HOLLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Meals will be available for pickup Mondays and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the following locations:
- Park Christian Reformed Church at 1496 West 32nd St.
- St Francis de Sales Catholic Church at 171 W 13th St.
- Providence Church at 821 Ottawa Ave.
- Christ Memorial at 595 Graafschap Road
- Stratford Way Apartments at 450 Stratford Way
- Meadowlanes Townhomes at 287 Meadow Lane Dr.
- Harbor Village Apartments at 287 West 40th St.
- Crown Point Apartments at 1180 Matt Urban Drive
- Maple Ave Church & Ministries at 427 Maple Ave.
- Hope Church at 77 West 11th Ave.
- BLVD Church at 238 West 15th St.
- Trinity Reformed at 712 Apple Ave.
- Calvary Church on 8th at 995 E 8th St.
- Lincoln Estates Mobile Home Park at 1139 Lincoln Ave.
- Willow Park Mobile Home Park at 1055 Lincoln Ave.
- Ridge Point Community Church at 340 104th Ave.
- First Reformed Church at 630 State St.
Monday’s meals will have two days of breakfast and lunch and Wednesday’s three days’ worth.
Hudsonville Public Schools will offer free breakfast and lunch to any child under the age of 18 and young adults with special needs on weekdays beginning Tuesday, March 17 through April 3.
Lunch will be offered at the following locations from 11 a.m. to 12:30 pm:
- Hudsonville High School at 5037 32nd Ave.
- Riley Middle School at 2745 Riley St.
- Baldwin Middle School at 3835 Baldwin St.
- Alward Elementary School at 3811 Port Sheldon St.
People may drive-up or walk to any site to grab it and go. Breakfast will be available at the same time for those families who wish to take it home. Parents may pick up meals for children at home.
More details can be found here.
IONIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
From Monday to April 3, children 18 and under can pick up meals at Boyce, Emerson and Twin Rivers elementary schools and Ionia High School weekdays between 10 a.m. and noon. Meals must be consumed off-campus.
JENISON PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches will be available to students on weekdays beginning on Tuesday, March 17 and running through April 3. Four locations will be providing meals from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Parents may pick up meals for children.
- Bursley Elementary: 1195 Port Sheldon St. Jenison
- Sandy Hill Elementary: 1990 Baldwin, Jenison
- Bauerwood Elementary: 1443 Bauer Rd., Jenison
- Jenison High School: 2140 Bauer Rd., Jenison
KALAMAZOO PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Kalamazoo Public Schools extended its free meal service through Friday, June 26 then will start some form of its summer meal service after July 6. More information on the emergency food services can be found online.
KELLOGGSVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Kelloggsville Public Schools is providing bagged breakfasts and lunches available for pick-up from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday at Kelloggsville High School.
KENOWA HILLS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Meals are being dropped off Monday through Friday from 10:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at planned bus routes.
KENTWOOD PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Starting Tuesday, March 17 until Tuesday, March 31, the district will provide breakfast and lunch twice a week to cover a seven-day period. Meals can be picked up on Tuesdays and Fridays between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. The meals handed out on Tuesday will cover though Thursday. The meals handed out Friday will cover through Monday.
Meals can be picked up at:
- Glenwood Elementary School cafeteria
- Crestwood Middle School cafeteria
- Valleywood Middle School cafeteria
- East Kentwood Freshman Campus cafeteria
LAKEVIEW SCHOOL DISTRICT:
The district will be offering to-go breakfast and lunch weekdays from March 16 to April 3 to all children under 18. Meals can be pick-up by children or adults at the following sites:
- 11 a.m. to noon at Lakeview Middle School circle drive.
- Noon to 1 p.m. at Prairieview and Riverside schools parking lots.
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at the Minges Brook parking lot.
MONA SHORES PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
The district will be offering to-go breakfast and lunch weekdays starting on Monday, March 16. Parents and guardians can pick up meals for all children in their households at Mona Shores High School in front of the stadium entrance, children don’t need to be present.
Here is the district’s meal schedule:
- Monday there will be two breakfasts and two lunches available from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday there will be two breakfasts and lunches available from 11:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. then again at 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday there will be three breakfasts and three lunches available from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For those who need meals to be delivered, there is a delivery form available online.
MUSKEGON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Buses will deliver breakfast and lunch to bus stops once per day, with deliveries starting at n11 a.m. A list of stops and the times the bus should arrive can be found on the district’s Facebook page.
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS PUBLIC SCHOOL ACADEMY
Buses will deliver meals on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 42 regular bus stops. The first stop of the day will be at 11:30 a.m. Parents may collect meals; students do not need to be present.
Here’s the meal schedule:
- Monday and Wednesday, there will be two days of breakfast and lunch.
- Fridays will be three days of breakfast and lunch.
The full schedule will be available online.
NORTHVIEW PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
People under 18 can get a meal from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at Northview High School. Family members or students under 18 can pick up the meal. Folks do not have to qualify for the Free/Reduced Lunch Program and do not need to be a Northview student.
If you are not able to attend those days and don’t have someone to pick it up for you, call 616.363.6861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parchment School District will provide meals to any child in Kalamazoo County age 18 or younger and adults with special needs age 26 or under who are part of an educational program.
Volunteers will distribute a free grab-and-go lunch for that day and a grab-and-go breakfast for the next day at the same time. Children will receive food for the weekend on Friday.
The meals must be consumed away from the site.
The sites will be operating Monday – Friday, starting Tuesday, March 17 through April 3.
The first site will be Parchment High School from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The second site is school busses, which will make stops throughout the district. Adults and children must come to the bus to get their meals. The busses will take off from Parchment High School around 11:30 a.m. and start their routes in the district.
Additional details can be found on the district’s Facebook page.
A week’s worth of breakfast and lunch will be available for pickup once a week on Wednesdays at Reeths-Puffer High School (1545 N. Roberts Road). People with last names beginning with an A through an N should pick up their meal between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m., people with last names O through Z between 11 a.m. and noon, and additional pick-up times between noon and 1 p.m.
ROCKFORD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
The district will provide free boxed lunches to anyone under the age of 18 starting March 17 until further notice. You can pick up meals 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday at Rockford High School Door #3 a the front of the building. Weekend meals will be passed out Fridays.
SAUGATUCK PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Saugatuck Public Schools will provide meals to anyone in the community 18 and under. During the first week, breakfast and lunch will be delivered on Tuesday and Friday to families who qualify for free or reduced meals. After that, food will be delivered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Families qualifying will receive a phone call on March 16.
Any family needing free breakfast and lunch can pick up meals from Saugatuck Center of the Arts and The Old Schoolhouse between 9 a.m. and noon. Meals can be delivered in the future by filling out a survey to be added to the list.
SPARTA AREA SCHOOLS
Meals will be available for pickup Tuesday and Friday at these locations:
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Sparta High School
- 10:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. at Balyeat Field, Algoma Township Sports Park and the Parkwood Green Village Community Center.
- 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Sparta Baptist Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, Riverview Mobile Home Park and Glenwood Mobile Home Park.
SPRING LAKE PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Free sack meals will be provided to anyone 18 and younger for three weeks. During each of the three pickup dates, children will receive five breakfasts and five lunches each. The pickup location is: Spring Lake Public Schools Central Office, 345 Hammond St., Spring Lake, MI 49456.
- Tuesday, March 17: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday, March 23: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday, March 30: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
For questions or pickup assistance, email Meaghan Beyer at email@example.com.
THORNAPPLE KELLOGG SCHOOLS:
Thornapple Kellogg Schools will offer free breakfast and lunch for children 18 and younger, or people 26 and under with a disability.
Meals will be provided directly to people’s cars at Thornapple Kellogg Middle School, Freeport District Library and Yankee Springs Meadows. Food for Tuesday through Thursday may be picked up Monday. Meals for Friday through Monday may be picked up Thursday.
Pick up times will be from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the loading dock at the rear end of the building. You’re asked to use the service drive to reach the loading dock.
Those planning to use the service are asked to fill out this form. If your child needs special dietary accommodations, email Jessica Endres at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THREE RIVERS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS:
Grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches will be available to all district students to pick up Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. during the shutdown.
- Andrews Elementary: 200 S. Douglas, Three Rivers, MI 49093
- Ruth Hoppin Elementary: 415 N. Main St., Three Rivers, MI 49093
- Three Rivers High School: 700 Sixth Ave., Three Rivers, MI 49093
More information can be found here.
WELLSPRING PREPARATORY HIGH SCHOOL
The school is offering free meals to anyone under 18. Meals can be picked up on Tuesdays and Friday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. The school is located at 1031 Page Street NE in Grand Rapids.
WHITE CLOUD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
The district will provide bagged lunches to all students daily.
Bus deliveries will run Monday through Friday between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Delivery times should become consistent after the first couple of days. Those with students at new locations or who don’t have assigned buses should call 231.689.3304 to ask for a lunch.
Students who live in town can go to White Cloud Junior High between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to pick up a meal and take it home.
WEST CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL:
Students under the age of 18 can up pick up breakfast and lunch at the front of the gymnasium entrance at West Catholic High School beginning on Wednesday, March 18 between 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Any family unable to pick up meals can get them delivery by emailing email@example.com.
WEST OTTAWA PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Meals are being provided to all children 18 and under staring March 17. After that, meals will be provided on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Monday and Wednesday deliveries will provide two day’s worth of food and Friday’s delivery will provide three day’s worth of food.
All 45 delivery sites can be found here.
WYOMING PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Wyoming Public School students 18 and under will be able to pick up meals at West Elementary and Wyoming Junior High schools between noon to 1 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Breakfast and lunch will be provided in bulk to cover multiple days.
ZEELAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Meals can be picked up for all children can through Zeeland Public School. Children do not need to be a student in the district.
There will be four locations on March 16:
- Maple Valley Mobile Home Community between 3 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.
- Logan Estates Mobile Home Community between 3 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.
- Ottogan Mobile Home Community between 3 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.
- The Bridge Youth Center at 210 E. Main Street between 12 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Starting March 18, ZPS will have 21 locations where meals can be picked up every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Two or more day’s worth of meals will be provided. The district says a schedule will be finalized on March 16.
If your child has food allergies, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.