Health officials are urging people to protect themselves after finding an ” unusually high” number of mosquitoes with the West Nile virus. Steve Kelso with the Kent County Health Department joins eightWest to discuss the findings.
>>> Take a look in the video above.
Protect Yourself from the West Nile Virus
- Wear mosquito repellant that contains 10-35% DEET
- Stay indoors during dusk, when mosquitoes are most active
- Wear light-colored clothing
- Remove standing water from your yard
- Keep your lawn and shrubs cut