The Spectrum Health Cancer Center offers the only adult blood and marrow transplant program on the west side of the state and now it is the only cancer center in the region to offer CAR T-cell therapy for patients with refractory or relapsed lymphoma.
CAR (Chimeric Antigen Receptor) T-cell therapy uses the body’s own immune system to recognize and destroy cancer cells with minimal damage to healthy cells.
It is considered immunotherapy, which has been called the “fifth pillar” of cancer treatment, alongside surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and targeted therapy.
CAR T-cell therapy is effective for:
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (for young adults age 25 and younger)
- Certain types of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL)
- Primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma
- High grade B-cell lymphoma
For More Information:
Or visit spectrumhealth.org/cancer