This Saturday across the country letter carriers will do more than just deliver your mail and packages they’re collecting food as part of an annual massive food drive.
Here locally they’re not just looking for just anything, they’re looking for healthy options!
We have Lisa Uganski from the Ottawa County Health Department, Melissa Roessing from the Community Action House and Andy Lempke from the US Postal Service.
Suggested Healthy Food Donations
- Canned vegetables (no salt of low sodium)
- 100% fruit & vegetable juices
- Canned fruit in 100% juice
- 100% whole grain breads or pasta
- Whole grain cereals, oatmeal
- Canned beans with no salt added
- Dried beans
- Unsalted nuts
- Peanut butter
National Association of Letter Carriers Food Drive
- Saturday, May 18
- Place donations by mailbox by 9:30am in bags provided by mail carriers
- Call 616-396-2200 for more information