The job market is very competitive these days, but employers are still looking for talented workers to be part of their team. In Ionia, West Michigan Works! is helping connect employers with job seekers. The organization focuses on two categories. The Talent/job-seeker side, and the Business/employer side. They are your one stop shop for your career change, developing a skill, and/or filling your open positions. The goal of West Michigan Works! is to provide hope and resources to job seekers and employers to bring the two together.
West Michigan Works!
- 301 W. Main Street, Ionia
- (616) 389-8525
- Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM
Do you want to train for a new career and finish your GED?
Train to be a corrections officer while finishing your high school diploma/GED. Evening classes. Support services available (like transportation).
- At least 18 years old, Must pass fitness test, background check and drug screening
- ENROLLMENT DEADLINE: August 16
- Training begins at the end of August. Starting wage is $17.67/hour.
- in partnership with Michigan Department of Corrections; Montcalm Community College; Central Montcalm, Belding and Portland Adult Education
INTERESTED? For more information:
Visit www.westmiworks.org/iet or call call 616-389-8521, or stop in to a West Michigan Works! service center.