GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) – Our next guest is cooking up something special today for all you foodies out there. We’re very happy to have Johnny Liu back in studio with us.
>>> Take a look in the video above.
Baby Bokchoy and mushrooms in Blackbean sauce
- 2 lbs. Baby boychoy – rinsed in a water bath to get the dirt out.
- 1 lbs. of fresh Shitake mushrooms – rinsed and cut into quarters.
- 6 oz. dried Shitake mushrooms – rehydrate 2 cups of water. When hydrated then thinly slice. Retain the water and set aside.
- 3 TBSP Blackbean & garlic sauce
- 2 TBSP of Rice Wine
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP peanuts
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 5 Thai chili peppers – chopped
- 5 Garlic cloves – crushed and rough chopped.
- 2 oz. Ginger – minced
- 2 sprigs of Green onion – chopped
- Add sesame oil to hot wok
- Add the aromatics – green onion, ginger, garlic, Thai peppers and stir for 10 seconds
- Add bokchoy, fresh & rehydrated mushrooms
- Add sugar, soy sauce, rice wine, blackbean sauce
- Add cornstarch and mushroom water to make a slurry to thicken the dish
- Garnish with peanuts and serve