It’s time once again for the Michigan International Auto Show. There’s so much to see and take in, so we decided to highlight “8 Cars Not To Miss” this year.
1. Step inside the Million Dollar Motorway where nearly 20 vehicles (collectively valued at more than $4.6 million) will be on display including the 2019 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Coupe with an MSRP of over $600,000. This limited edition is one of only 63 vehicles was produced to mark Lamborghini’s founding year of 1963. Featuring the outstanding performance of the new 770 CV naturally-aspirated V12 engine combine with its unique color and trim emphasizing the abundance of carbon fiber in the design.
2. Also look for the Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series a limited-run coupe. Similar to other exclusive limited-production exotics, only 500 911 Turbo Exclusives will be sold worldwide so don’t expect to see too many around.
3. The 2019 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year is the Hyundai Kona/Kona EV “the first mass-marketed electric car that truly works for the mass market. A livable EV range, affordable price and practical cabin combine with lively driving dynamics to make the Kona EV a true pleasure to drive. It’s the kind of EV that could convince the most ardent EV-skeptic,” says Jamie Page Deaton, executive editor at U.S. News & World Report Best Cars.
4. It’s no easy task to update the look of an icon. It’s a no-win proposition. Do too much (or too little), and the critics will howl. But the 2019 Jeep Wrangler nailed it. It’s no wonder they snagged the 2019 MotorTrend SUV of the Year. Look past the iconic grille, and you’ll see it. Behold the latest evolution of a seven-decades-old design, a soul-stirring affirmation of freedom, a surprisingly groundbreaking vehicle that shouldn’t work in the 21st century as well as it does. The new Jeep Wrangler is what crossovers want to be when they grow up. They have the MOAB, Sahara and Rubicon models on display at the show.
5. The Jaguar I-PACE First Edition is the latest entry into a growing segment of electric vehicles. This crossover promises to go to-to-toe with the Chevy Bolt EV and the Tesla Model 3. Armed with unrivaled luxury, spectacular performance and an impressive electric driving range, the I-PACE is a welcome addition to the Jaguar family. It is available in four grades: S, SE, SHE and a limited First Edition (with TWO on display in Grand Rapids).
6. It is luxury exemplified, inside and out the 2020 Lincoln Aviator Black Label. Just last week, the 2020 Lincoln Aviator was voted best-in-show in The Detroit News’ annual Readers’ Choice Awards. One-hundred judges selected from the public chose for the top honor the luxurious Aviator, which debuted last fall at the Los Angeles Auto Show. Even though the 2020 Aviator won’t be available until later in the year at dealership showrooms, you’ll be able to see it at the Auto Show!
7. “Great Scott Marty”, we’re headed Back to the Future! A highlight of this year’s display is an iconic 1982 DeLorean DMC-12 in the Gilmore Car Museum display. A fun and interactive element is that the museum will be inviting visitors to the Auto Show to snap pictures of themselves with the car with some fantastic prizes for the most creative, movie-inspired pictures shared on social media.
8. The Great American Muscle Cars are back in all their powerful glory. These high-performance vehicles include the 2019 Ford Mustang 350R and 2019 Chevy Camaro Yenko SC (one of only 25 manufacture), then get behind the wheel of the 797hp 2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye (which runs the quarter mile in 10.8 seconds at 131mph).
Michigan International Auto Show
Show Dates & Hours:
- Thu, Jan 31: 11am – 9:30pm
- Fri, Feb 1: 11am – 9:30pm
- Sat, Feb 2: 10am – 9:30pm
- Sun, Feb 3: 10am – 5pm
- Adults: $12 | Children 6-14: $5
- LINK: https://showspan.com/MAS/