We know the official start of spring, March 20, is still weeks away but you can still give your green thumb a workout by starting some seeds. Here to walk us through the process for herbs and to share a special recipe is Suzannah Barrie.
YOUR RESTORATIVE, WARMING WINTER/SPRING COCKTAIL
- 8 oz. hot water
- 1 tea bag
- 1 oz. whiskey, bourbon or rum
- 1 T honey or maple syrup
- 1 to 2 tsps. lemon juice, vinegar, or apple cider
- slices of lemon, oranges
- sprigs of fresh herbs
- cinnamon, cloves
- Pour hot water into a mug and steep tea for two, three minutes.
- Remove tea bag and add the rest of the ingredients.
Soup at Fulton Street Farmers Market
- Saturday, March 9
- 10am – 1pm
- 1145 Street East, Grand Rapids
- $10/all you can taste
- $25/all you can taste
- + FSFM insulated camper mug
More recipes: barriebeau.com