Summer is a busy time, seems like we’re always on the go and it’s important to remember to take time to keep things like your hearing aid in tip top shape.
Our Expert, Dr. Pam Keenan is in studio with us.
Here are a few easy things you can do at home to keep your hearing aids in tip top shape:
- Always handle your hearing aids with care
- Wash your hands before handling your hearing aids
- Store your hearing aids in a safe, dry place away from children and pets
- Turn off your hearing aids when you are not using them
- Periodically clean the battery contacts and remove any visible earwax or debris with a clean cloth
- Change filters or wax guards to remove wax and dirt that may deter sound quality
- Schedule routine checkups with your hearing professional for professional cleanings
- Don’t wear your hearing aids in the shower, while swimming or while using a hair dryer or hair spray
McDonald Hearing Services
- 961 4 Mile Road NW – Grand Rapids
- 4444 Kalamazoo Ave SE – Kentwood
- 403 S. Nelson – Greenville