Summer time is an exciting time in West Michigan especially with organizations like the Grand Rapids Symphony are finding new ways to engage the community. Here to tell us more about what the symphony is up to are Diane Lobbestael and Duane Davis.
>>> Take a look in the video above.
The Grand Rapids Symphony has been awarded a $1 million grant over four years from the Wege Foundation to promote diversity, equity and inclusion throughout the entire operation of the orchestra. With help from the Wege Foundation, the Grand Rapids Symphony will add new positions, create new concerts and events, and develop new educational opportunities to promote diversity and inclusion
In the words of Music Director Marcelo Lehninger, “A symphony orchestra in the 21st century has become a service organization. We’re here not only to entertain our audience but also to serve our community.”
“Symphony on the West Side” featuring the Grand Rapids Symphony
- Saturday, July 21 at 7 p.m.
- John Ball Park, 1300 W. Fulton St.
- Free parking at John Ball Zoo
- Admission is free but tickets are required.
- Tickets are available at the Grand Rapids Symphony and at John Ball Zoo.
- Call the Grand Rapids Symphony at 454-9451 ext. 4 for more information
- Go online to GRSymphony.org