Chris Mills, Director Producer for Community Affairs - GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - Looking for an opportunity to get more involved in your community? Want to learn more about one of downtown's rescue missions? Want to help fight homelessness in Grand Rapids?Tonight is a great opportunity to accomplish that at Exodus Place's 7th Anniversary Celebration. Tuesday July 12th from 4:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M visit Exodus Place at 322 Front Ave SW, Grand Rapids.It will be a proper BBQ with a Pig Roast, Hamburgers and Veggie Burgers as well as a dunk tank featuring some employees of the Exodus Place!Exodus Place is a men's transitional home aiming to help men get back on their feet. They don't just give handouts, they work to give a hand up. Men are given a place to live, meals to eat and are provided educational opportunities and career help.This is a great opportunity for the community to meet the staff, the Board of Directors as well as some residents of Exodus Place. There will be tours of the facility, and staff and board of Directors will be available to answer questions, and help you find ways to get involved.Come out to this free event to celebrate the 7th anniversary of Exodus Place with a free BBQ tonight from 4:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. at 322 Front Ave SW, Grand Rapids.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Canada's legalization to offer pot by mail, better banking
- What's that extra in my online cart? Soon, maybe a sales tax
- Suspect arrested in rapper XXXTentacion's shooting death
- MSU dean: Nassar case driving anti-abuse efforts