GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV)- Calling all singers, songwriters and artists in Michigan! For the second year in a row, “American Idol” is hosting a virtual nationwide search for the next superstar in all 50 states, plus Washington D.C. If you have what it takes to make history as the next idol, then you’re invited to showcase your talent, beginning Friday, August 6.
“Virtual auditions will give hopefuls the chance to showcase their talents from anywhere in America, across any official audition date, face-to-face with an “American Idol” producer who will provide real-time feedback to all auditioning. Last season, two of the top four contestants, including winner Chayce Beckham Top 4 contestant Casey Bishop, auditioned during last year’s “Idol Across America” auditions, ABC stated.”
How to audition
To sign up for “Idol Across America” and a chance to virtually audition in front of an “American Idol” producer, please visit www.americanidol.com/auditions.
“Idol Across America” auditions will be held as follows (subject to change):
- Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina (Aug. 6)
- Connecticut, New Jersey, New York (Aug. 8)
- Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas (Aug. 11)
- Florida, Michigan, Virginia, West Virginia (Aug. 13)
- Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi (Aug. 16)
- Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee (Aug. 18)
- Alaska, California, Hawaii, Nevada (Aug. 21)
- Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming (Aug. 23)
- Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin (Aug. 25)
- Open Call: Nationwide (Aug. 27)
- Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah (Aug. 31)
- Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont (Sept. 2)
Do you plan on registering and auditioning? Take the poll below!