GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (ABC 4)- The ultimate day to celebrate your mama, grandmother, aunt, sister, bonus mom, and any other admirable woman in your life, Mother’s Day, is coming up on Sunday, May 14. Not only is this the perfect occasion to treat a special lady like the queen she is, but it is a great holiday to connect with family and friends!
One of the most popular ways to create memories with those you love on holidays is to chit-chat over a nice meal. This Mother’s Day, reserve your spots at these local restaurants in West Michigan for brunches and buffets. Plus, spend the holiday exploring fun events near you.
1. Mother’s Day Brunch at Reds at Thousand Oaks
Reds at Thousand Oaks welcomes families to reserve their spots for their annual Mother’s Day brunch. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., on Sunday, May 14, guests can enjoy breakfast, carved beef and ham, salads, side dishes, desserts and more.
Reservations are required | View details
Additional Mother’s Day brunches in Grand Rapids:
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Paddock Place | 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., on May 14 | Includes a photo backdrop, takeaway gifts for every mom, breakfast items, entree buffets, salads, sides, desserts and more. | View details
- Creston Brewery’s Mother’s Day Brunch | 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., on May 14 | Celebrate Mother’s Day with a special brunch menu and live jazz music. | View details
- Brunch Buffett at Cork Wine & Grille | 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., on May 14 | Treat mom to delicious breakfast dishes, a selection of sliced meats, entrees and desserts. | View details
- CityFlats Hotel’s Mother’s Day Brunch | Seating times are 11 a.m., noon, 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. | Join CityFlats Hotel in their ballroom for a Mother’s Day special. The brunch includes a seafood display, appetizers, breakfast faves, house made desserts and more. | View details
2. A brunch for the Queen in your life at The Henderson Castle
The Henderson Castle in Kalamazoo invites you to “celebrate your mother like the royalty she is…” during a Mother’s Day brunch.
From 11:30 p.m.- 2:30 p.m., feast on entrees including, but not limited to: Roasted lamb, double truffle cornish hen, pan-seared salmon, roasted turkey, glazed ham, surf and turf and much more!
Ticket purchase required | View details.
Additional Mother’s Day brunches in Kalamazoo
- Miller Auditorium’s Mother’s Day Brunch | 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., on May 14 | Join Miller Auditorium on stage for a special feast and live music performed by Megan Dooley | View details
- Join The Morning Dish for Mother’s Day | 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on May 14 | Enjoy an “elevated breakfast buffet” featuring rosemary and garlic-crusted prime rib, orange zest French toast, and more. | View details
- Old Burdick’s Bar & Grills Brunch | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., on May 14 | A feature menu and brunch cocktails await! | View details
3. Enjoy a specially crafted Mother’s Day menu at Looking Glass Brewing Company
From noon to 5 p.m., sip on beverages like mimosas, wine, hard cider, seltzers and bloody Mary’s while dining on a special brunch menu.
Additional Mother’s Day brunches in Lansing:
- Saturday Mother’s Day Afternoon Dinner + Cruise at Grand River Park | 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., on May 13 | Take a cruise down the Grand River, dine on a full buffet dinner and listen to the Dixieland Jazz Band | View details
- Mother’s Day Buffet at Batter Up Bistro | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., on May 14 | Prepare to sink those forks into delicious menu items. Plus, moms receive a complimentary mimosa | View details
- Mother’s Day Bruch at Lansing Brewing Company | 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., on May 14 | Treat mom to an “unforgettable Mother’s Day brunch” with menu favorites for the entire family | View details
4. Boatwerks Restaurant’s Annual Mother’s Day Brunch
Treat mom to a new American fare and waterfront views at Boatwerks Restaurant in Holland! This Mother’s Day, the restaurant will serve breakfast, salads, prime rib, honey, sugar-baked sliced ham and additional entrees.
Mother’s Day events in West Michigan
Before Mother’s Day:
May 11: Mother’s Day Week: DIY Flower Arrangement Workshop at Jean Marie’s in Downtown Holland | 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. | View details
May 13: Mamas, Muffins & Mimosas at the Black Arts and Cultural Center in Kalamazoo | Begins at 11 a.m. | View details
May 13: Mother’s Day Drag Brunch at Creston Brewery | 11:30 a.m. | View details
May 13: Mother’s Day at Mitten Raised in Lansing | 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. | View details
On Mother’s Day:
Mom’s get in free at W.K. Kellogg Bird Sanctuary | 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. | View details
Mother’s Day Golf Outing at the Squirrel Hollow Golf Course in Battle Creek | Begins at 10 a.m. | View details
Free Tours for Muskegon County Moms at the Hackley and Hume Historic Site | 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. | View details
Wine and Chocolate Tasting at Tempo Vino Winery of Kalamazoo | Noon to 4 p.m. | View details
Free Mother’s Day celebration at the Girls Scouts Heart of Michigan Kalamazoo Regional Program and Training Center | 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. | View details
After Mother’s Day:
May 21: Relax & Rejuvenate with LEX Facial Bar and The Barre Code in Grand Rapids | 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. | View details
Know of or hosting a Mother’s Day Brunch that is not listed? Email email@example.com!