GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (ABC 4)- Mental health is a part of our overall health, and similarly to our physical health, needs to be maintained as we age.
During an AARP Real Possibilities interview, health experts from Corewell Health and a senior living expert from Sunset Senior Communities discuss behavioral health in the aging population.
- Dr. Boettcher, MD Geriatric Medicine at Corewell Health
- Julie Baar, ACNP, Geriatric Medicine at Corewell Health
- Christina Matzke, President & CEO of Sunset Senior Communities
Common causes for behavioral health changes in seniors include, but aren’t limited to:
- Social and environmental changes
- Feelings of loneliness and isolation
- Physical impairments: Memory loss, vision loss, hearing loss, and chronic illnesses
- Loss of a loved one
- Side effects of medication
Sunset Senior Communities and Corewell Health have partnered to assist older adults with mental, emotional and physical healthcare needs. Learn more by watching the segment featured above.
Sunset Senior Communities:
Address: 725 Baldwin St., Jenison, MI 49428
Sponsored by Sunset Senior Communities