GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - The Fifth Third River Bank Run is coming up on Saturday, May 11. Here is the event schedule for race week:
MONDAY, May 6:
- Online registration closes at 11:59 p.m.
TUESDAY, May 7:
- Fifth Third Junior packet pickup, late registration – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Craig's Cruisers, Wyoming)
WEDNESDAY, May 8:
- Fifth Third Junior – ½ mile -5:30 p.m., 5K – 6:30 p.m. (Wyoming High School)
FRIDAY, May 10:
- 25K Course Trolley Tour (Free, reservations required in advance)
- Sports and Fitness Expo and Fashion Show - 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. (DeVos Place)
- 4:30 p.m.: Pasta Dinner opens
- 6 p.m.: Elite athlete intro
- 6:30 p.m.: In2Liquid Yoga demonstration
- 7 p.m.: Maranda's "Where You Live" show LIVE broadcast
- 7 p.m.: Gazelle Sports Fashion Show
SATURDAY, May 11 – RACE DAY:
- 6 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.: Packet pickup for 5K walk, and 5K, 10K, 25K runs (DeVos Place)
- 7:20 a.m.: 5K race start
- 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Michelob Ultra Post-Race Party (Calder Plaza)
- 8 a.m.: 10K race start
- 8:10 a.m.: 25K Handcycle race start
- 8:12 a.m.: 25K Wheelchair race start
- 8:20 a.m.: 25K race start
- 8:45 a.m.: 5K community walk start
For more coverage from 24 Hour News 8 on the 2013 River Bank Run, click here .
NOTE: Registration will not be available on race day. The latest you can register to participate is on Friday at the Sports and Fitness Expo at DeVos Place.
A Grand Rapids man busted for using a 77-year-old woman's credit cards has now been charged with breaking into her home – and raping her.
Fred Glespie was found not guilty in the death of three children who died in an apartment fire.
Police are looking for the suspect in an armed robbery that occurred at a gas station in Plainwell Thursday night.