24 Hour News 8 web staff - KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD)-- Lowell made Michigan High School Athletic Association history with a state championship victory Saturday.
The Lowell wrestling team won its fifth straight team state championship at the Kalamazoo Events Center Saturday, making it just the third school in Michigan's history to do so.
After getting off to a 13-0 start, Gaylord won three matches to cut the Red Arrows lead. The championship was sealed when Austin Boone won his match, giving Lowell a 34-12 lead.
At the end of the tournament, Lowell finished with a 43-17 win and a state championship.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 11 houses near landfill test positive for PFAS
- Police suspect marijuana-infused brownies sickened students
- Commission discusses proposed warehouse; no word of Amazon
- Pilot dies after small plane crashes in mid-Michigan