IONIA, Mich. (WOOD) - A man was arrested Wednesday for his alleged role in a series of wheel thefts from dealerships in Kent and Ionia Counties.
Early Wednesday morning, Ionia County deputies were alerted a man suspected of multiple wheel thefts in Kent County was also operating in Ionia County. At that point, deputies responded to Young's Chevrolet Buick GMC in Ionia to discover a 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe with its wheels removed.
Authorities located the suspect vehicle just inside Kent County and located the stolen wheels in the bed of the truck during a traffic stop. The suspect was taken into custody and is awaiting arraignment on multiple related incidents.
The incident remains under investigation.
MSP: Man killed in crash near Hastings
No injuries in Kalamazoo house fire
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- No injuries in Kalamazoo house fire
- Study: GR health care costs higher than Detroit
- Paw Paw schools reopen after threat
- Police: Latest Austin blast not tied to others