24 Hour News 8 web staff - ALLENDALE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) -- Two mobile homes were damaged after a fire started inside a nearby shed Monday morning.
Dispatchers say the blaze broke out just before 11 a.m. inside a shed in the 11000 block of Sugar Loaf Avenue near Lake Michigan Drive in Allendale Township.
Allendale Fire Chief Mike Keefe said firefighters were able to knock the fire out quickly. The Red Cross is working with both homeowners to find them a place to stay.
One person was taken to the hospital to be checked out, but Keefe said they were not injured. No firefighter were injured.
The Ottawa County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday that the fire is being investigated as suspicious.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Police investigating what sickened Wyoming students
- No school in Hastings Friday due to threat
- DNR bans open burning in 15 counties
- Man charged with fleeing police, deadly crash