24 Hour News 8 web staff - WRIGHT TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) -- Two people were taken to the hospital with injuries following a crash involving a motorcycle in Wright Township Saturday night.
It happened around 8:12 p.m. on Arthur Street at 24th Avenue.
Deputies say a 17-year-old female was westbound on Arthur Street, passing a slower-moving car and did not see the eastbound motorcyclist. She tried to avoid the crash by driving her SUV off the road, but was not able to avoid impact. The motorcycle then side-swiped the SUV.
Both occupants were thrown from the motorcycle during the crash. Deputies say the driver, a 48-year-old Comstock Park man, was treated at the scene before being airlifted to Spectrum Butterworth Hospital in critical condition. His passenger, a 43-year-old Wyoming woman, was also taken to Spectrum Hospital in critical condition.
Deputies say neither the driver of the motorcycle nor his passenger were wearing helmets.
The driver of the SUV was not injured, deputies say.
The crash remains under investigation.
Ottawa Co. man arrested for home...
Ottawa Co. man arraigned on child...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Murdered teen's mom gets LaughFest crowd rolling
- US probes 4 deaths in Hyundai-Kia cars when air bags failed
- DNR seeking tips in death of bald eagle in western Michigan
- Two houses, car struck in rollover crash