24 Hour News 8 web staff - HOLLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) -- A driver and her passenger were both seriously hurt in a two-car crash just northeast of Holland on Thursday afternoon.
The crash happened just after 4 p.m. on Chicago Drive at 112th Avenue in Holland Township.
The Ottawa County Sheriff's Office says a vehicle turned north into the path of a westbound car. The vehicle that was turning had a flashing yellow light and the westbound car had a green light, the sheriff's office said.
Eighteen-year-old Aleigha Kent, who was a passenger in the vehicle turning north, was pinned in. After crews freed her, she was airlifted to a Grand Rapids hospital, where she was listed in critical condition Thursday night.
The driver of the car, 22-year-old Angelica Arizmendi, was taken to a Holland hospital, where she was listed in serious condition.
The driver and two passengers in the westbound vehicle were not hurt.
Authorities say alcohol is not believed to have been a factor and that everyone involved was wearing a seat belt.
Chicago Drive was shut down for a time so Aero Med could land.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- GVSU announces search committee for new president
- Man sentenced to prison for threat to Kent Co. business
- Officer's response praised as school shooting ends quickly
- Man hospitalized after shooting in Muskegon