24 Hour News 8 web staff -
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Mich. (WOOD) -- Two people are in custody in connection to a deadly shooting that happened Thursday in Muskegon Heights.
Masson Bryant, 21 is in custody at the Muskegon County Jail and has been charged with open murder and felony firearm. Tamara McBride is charged with lying to a police officer during a violent crime investigation.
The shooting happened around 9:10 p.m. Thursday in the 3300 block of Jefferson Street near West Maplewood Avenue.
The victim has been identified by police as 42-year-old Nathan Ward of Dalton Township, who was pronounced dead on scene.
Police said a second victim from Muskegon Heights was taken to an area hospital after sustaining serious injuries to his face that were not considered life-threatening.
Details on what led up to the shooting have not yet been released.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Muskegon prison to close Saturday
- GM plant in Wyoming evacuated after reports of fire
- 11 houses near landfill test positive for PFAS
- Police suspect marijuana-infused brownies sickened students