24 Hour News 8 web staff -
BYRON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) -- Michigan State Police say a crash involving two semis forced the closure of the 100th Street overpass over US-131.
The crash happened around 10:06 p.m. Friday on northbound US-131 at the 100th Street overpass.
Police say two semi-trucks that were traveling northbound were carrying an oversized shipping container when they struck the overpass.
No one was injured in the crash, troopers say.
According to the Michigan Department of Transportation, northbound US-131 was shut down for about an hour, but has since reopened.
MSP says the 100th Street overpass over US-131 will be closed until further notice. The Kent County Road Commission tweeted that drivers who need to cross the 100th Street overpass should exit US-131 at either 84th Street or 142nd Avenue.
MDOT Communications Representative John Richard said the detour routes are Clyde Park Avenue and Division Avenue, between 84th Street and 142nd Avenue. Richard said this is the same detour that was used last summer when 100th Street was paved.
Richard said initial inspection of the bridge took place Friday night, with a more detailed inspection taking place Saturday morning.
Death certificate: Slain teen strangled
Construction to close section of GR...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Construction to close section of GR roads
- US regulators renew scrutiny of menthol, tobacco flavors
- Board approves Holland Public School restructuring
- Meijer hiring 300 for new store near Hudsonville