The Associated Press - DETROIT (AP) -- Toyota will introduce a revamped Avalon full-size car at the Detroit auto show in January. The new car will arrive in showrooms in the spring. It comes at a time when full-size car sales are falling because U.S. buyers continue to favor SUVs.
But Executive Vice President Bob Carter says there are still a significant number of people who want a large, premium car. He says sales in the segment have fallen because automakers haven't introduced any innovative cars in the segment for years.
The Avalon will be built on Toyota's new global underpinnings that also produced the new Camry midsize car.
Avalon sales fell almost 30 percent through November according to Autodata Corp.
New website features fiscal data on...
Manual election audits to debut in...
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Facebook data whistleblower: 'fake news to the next level'
- Catholic Central student arraigned on sexual assault charges
- Man charged after woman's body found in GR alley
- Molotov cocktails, bomb materials found inside student's home