24 Hour News 8 web staff -
GARFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) -- A child was flown to the hospital after being hit by a tractor in Newaygo County Monday morning.
Dispatchers said the incident happened shortly before 9 a.m. in the 7500 block of Baldwin Avenue near 72nd Street in Garfield Township, west of Newaygo.
Neighbors told 24 Hour News 8 that the child was hit by a tractor, driven by his father who was working outside. The neighbors said the boy suffered a serious head injury.
Dispatchers say the 1-year-old boy was flown to a hospital in Grand Rapids. Authorities have not released details about what led up to the incident or the extent of his injuries.
24 Hour News 8 has a crew at the scene. Check back with woodtv.com and tune into 24 Hour News 8 for updates.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Commission discusses proposed warehouse; no word of Amazon
- Pilot dies after small plane crashes in mid-Michigan
- Trump says he is "considering" veto of $1.3 trillion budget
- Police investigating what sickened Wyoming students