ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) - A preliminary examination has been set for the southern Michigan man whose three young sons have been missing since Thanksgiving.
The June 3 exam on kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment charges was set Monday in Lenawee County District Court for John Skelton.
The 39-year-old Morenci man was not in court. Public defender John Glaser requested the hearing but a decision hasn't been made on whether prosecution witnesses would testify.
Skelton has said he doesn't know the whereabouts of 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner, who were last seen with him. He previously was charged with parental kidnapping.
He told authorities he gave the boys to a group called United Foster Outreach and another called Underground Sanctuaries, organizations authorities say they can't locate.
Information from: The Daily Telegram
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Fred Glespie was found not guilty in the death of three children who died in an apartment fire.
Police are looking for the suspect in an armed robbery that occurred at a gas station in Plainwell Thursday night.
The rink will be open that day from 3-9 p.m.