HOLLAND, Mich. (WOOD) - A norovirus caused at least 200 people who ate at a Holland restaurant to become ill, an illness from which most people recover in two days, officials with the Ottawa County Health Department said Tuesday.
The illness closed down Margarita's Restaurant. Owner Alonzo Salinas closed the restaurant voluntarily but has not yet determined when the eatery will re-open.
Easily spread, norovirus can be prevented by frequently washing your hands with soap. While there is no treatment for norovirus, drinking plenty of fluids helps reduce your chance of becoming dehydrated.
GRAM Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony in front of a festive downtown crowd at Rosa Parks Circle Friday night.
Two people were taken to the hospital after one vehicle crossed the center line, causing a head-on crash in Ada Township Friday night.
Michigan authorities say at least 20 wolves have been killed in the Upper Peninsula during the state's first wolf hunt in decades.