HOLLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) - A man who started a building fire Wednesday while trying to burn the fur off of a squirrel was perhaps ill-advised, but he will not be charged with a crime.
The third-floor resident was on his deck preparing a squirrel to eat by using a propane torch to burn off its fur.
The flames get out of control, which caused a blazed that destroyed a building at the Holland Township ClearView Apartments complex.
Ottawa County investigators say the man did not do anything criminal.
No one was hurt in the fire and the more than two dozen displaced residents are being helped by the Red Cross.
Kent County officials are trying to avoid the case of a rookie corrections officer -- who was assaulted on the job and then fired -- from going to an arbitrator.
Philanthropist Ralph W. Hauenstein is donating $1 million to Grand Valley State University's Hauenstein Center for Presidential Studies.
A woman from Mount Pleasant died after her SUV crashed on a road in Montcalm County.