LUDINGTON, Mich. (WOOD) - Several witnesses were interviewed Tuesday regarding the disappearance of Katherine Shelbie-Elizabeth Phillips.
The 4-month-old, also known as Baby Kate, disappeared June 29, 2011 from the Ludington area.
Though authorities said in April 2012 they are investigating her disappearance as a homicide, her remains have never been found.
The interviews were conducted at the request of Mason County Prosecuting Attorney Paul Spaniola and approved in an order from Judge Richard I. Cooper, according to a news release.
"Michigan law states that in order to protect the rights of the persons interviewed and the integrity of the investigation, the following information is required to be kept confidential and may not be disclosed publicly: the identity of the persons interviewed, statements made by the persons interviewed and the topics discussed."
Her father, Sean Phillips, is serving a 10-year minimum prison sentence after he was convicted last year of unlawful imprisonment connected to her disappearance, which he is appealing. After he was sentenced, investigators declared Phillips a suspect in Kate's murder.
Last year, prosecutors said they believe Sean authored a letter to Baby Kate's mother, Ariel Courtland, in which he admitted he killed the infant, but claimed it was an accident. The letter, obtained by 24 Hour News 8, didn't provide information about where Baby Kate's body was left.
An extensive search is planned for June 28 and 29. It will focus on botanical evidence found on Sean's shoes that investigators hope will lead them to where he left his daughter.
Police are investigating a report of a home invasion, but say there are inconsistencies.
A Kalamazoo County sheriff's deputy will not face criminal sexual conduct charges.
A candlelight vigil was held Wednesday night for an innocent bystander who was shot and killed in October.