NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WOOD) - The Norton Shores Police Department has charged several young men in a recent crime spree in Muskegon Heights.
All of the suspects are juveniles with ages ranging from 12 to 15 years old.
According to officials, not all of the suspects were involved in every crime, but the group as a whole is believed to be responsible for many crimes occurring in the area of Seaway Drive and Seminole Road.
The crimes span from November 2012 to July 2013.
- November 18: 15-year-old approaches two off-duty employees sitting in a vehicle behind Verdoni's restaurant and aimed a handgun at them through the window. The suspect ran after the vehicle after the driver accelerated and drove out of the lot.
- June 11: Suspects stole various electronics, fishing equipment and a flare gun from a boat in the 3600 block of Mona Kai.
- June 15: Suspects tried to steal items from a boat in the 3700 block of Mona Kai when the owner confronted the suspects who then ran away.
- June 16: Four suspects broke a window at the Coffee House on Seminole Road and then broke into the restaurant. Suspects broke into the cash register, stole over $2,000 in cash and vandalized the store.
- June 17: Suspects stole fishing equipment from a boat in the 3700 block of Mona Kai.
- July 8: Suspects broke into two businesses and vandalized the stores. They stole three cell phones, two cameras and cash.
The suspects have been identified, but names are not being released due to their ages.
Anyone with more information is asked to call the Silent Observer at 231.722.7463 or the Norton Shores Police Department at 231.733.2691.
A Grand Rapids woman has been charged in the death of her 5-month-old baby who died of accidental asphyxiation.
A Fremont car dealer faces eight felonies after allegedly tampering with odometers on used cars.
Kent County authorities are looking for an inmate who walked away from a work assignment Wednesday.