NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WOOD) - Jessica Heeringa disappeared April 26 while working at the Exxon gas station in Norton Shores.
A group is planning "Ride for Jessica Heeringa" to raise money to help in the investigation.
Watch the video above as 24 Hour News 8's Brett Thomas talks to Diane Homrich, Jessica Heeringa's grandma; D.J. Brown, a rider who planned the route; and Brandon Karnes, Lake Shore Riders organizer, about "Ride for Jessica Heeringa."
"Ride for Jessica Heeringa" information --
- Registration starts at 10 a.m.
- Kickstands up at 11 a.m.
- Begins at Norton Shores strip mall -- 1040 E. Sternberg Road
- Registration fee $5 for each rider and co-rider
- All-you-can-eat taco buffet for $10 each person
- Music, 50/50 raffle and silent auctions
- Lucky prizes
- Event T-shirts
Thirty-three-year-old Ronald T. Smith II was grew up in Warren.
Is tonight the night? Maybe it's tomorrow. Or even Sunday.
Two other people, who were inside the residence at the time, escaped safely.