WYOMING, Mich. (WOOD) - Two people were treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire sparked inside their Kent County home.
Firefighters were dispatched around 7 a.m. Tuesday to the 1100 block of Bryant Street SW in Wyoming.
One of the residents was watching TV in a front room, where the Wyoming fire chief told 24 Hour News 8 at the scene that the fire started. The other victim was in a bedroom and had difficulty getting out.
Neighbors broke windows of the home before firefighters arrived, fearing someone may have been trapped inside and needed help to escape. But both residents were able to get out on their own.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire.
The cause appears to be accidental, the chief said.
A 62-year-old man who greeted shoppers at a Meijer store in northern Michigan says he's been fired for putting out a vehicle fire in the parking lot.
Two men accused in the murder of a West Michigan man in Ann Arbor will soon find out if they're going to trial.
The Norton Shores Police Department is reporting three reports of stolen snowblowers this week.