GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - Though the city pools have garnered the most attention lately, there are a number of splash pads around the area where you can cool off -- and most of them are free.
Grand Rapids has splash pads at five locations:
- Aberdeen Park (Eastern at Evelyn NE)
- Alger Middle School (921 Alger SE)
- Heartside Park (301 Ionia SW)
- Mary Waters Park (1042 Lafayette NE)
- Mulick Park (1761 Rosewood SE)
You'll find two splash pads in Wyoming:
- Lamar Park (2561 Porter SW)
- Southlawn Park (4125 Jefferson SW)
All those splash pads are free.
Holland, Kalamazoo and Muskegon have none.
There is also a splash pad at Millennium Park. It costs $2 for kids between 3-15, and $4 for adults between 16-62.
Fred Glespie was found not guilty in the death of three children who died in an apartment fire.
Police are looking for the suspect in an armed robbery that occurred at a gas station in Plainwell Thursday night.
The rink will be open that day from 3-9 p.m.