4 Weather Alerts //
- Weather Alert 1 - Winter Weather Advisory issued December 10 at…
- Weather Alert 2 - Winter Weather Advisory issued December 10 at…
- Weather Alert 3 - Winter Weather Advisory issued December 11 at…
CASCADE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) - For the nearly 2 million U.S. airline passengers who pass through checkpoints each day, the Transportation Security Administraiton is one of the most visible legacies of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
TSA officers on Sunday volunteered to stand beside a memorial inside the Gerald R. Ford International Airport honoring those who lost their lives that day and those who lost their lives in the wars that followed.
The West Michigan TSA memorial inlcuded:
- A gold star flag donated by the family of former local TSA officer who lost his life fighting in Iraq
- A U.S. flag presented to search-and-rescue teams at the Flight 93 crash site in Shanksville, Pa.
- A flag that the TSA said draped the remains of more than a dozen service members who returned home through Grand Rapids
The West Michigan TSA was also set to observe moments of silence at the Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo-Battle Creek, Manistee and Muskegon airports marking the time each plane crashed.
Ten people have filed a class action suit against Mercantile Bank, alleging the bank discriminated against minority business owners.
A camera mounted on a tow truck caught an example of a common incident Tuesday: a vehicle sliding off the road.
Officers from multiple law enforcement agencies worked together Tuesday evening to chase down an alleged van thief, despite slippery roads.