ALPINE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) - The Alpine Golf Club clubhouse was destroyed in a Wednesday evening fire.
Smoke was seen billowing from the facility, 6320 Alpine Ave. NW in Alpine Township, before 7:30 p.m.
Five fire departments responded to the scene, which remained active later than 11 p.m., as crews doused hot spots.
The clubhouse, built in 1963, had been under renovation at the time of the fire and not yet open for the season. It was empty when the fire sparked. No one was hurt.
Alpine Township Fire Department Deputy Chief Mike Lasko confirmed a possible electrical problem may have started the fire, which is not considered suspicious. Investigators believe the fire started in a room on the building's north side that contained some coolers.
The golf course was set to open at noon Thursday but that decision has been postponed.
"First of all everyone in the Alpine family is OK. There was no one in the the building during the fire. We would also like to thank all of the first respondents and all of the fire departments for their hard work and efforts. On a lighter note, there will still be golf at Alpine this year! We are working hard to come up with a plan for a temporary facility. We will keep you updated throughout the process. Unfortunately we will not be opening today, but hopefully in the very near future! Thank you for all of your thoughts and concerns."
11 fire departments from several counties were called out to a fire at an adult entertainment club Wednesday afternoon.
Holland police were searching for 28-year-old Mark Steven Randall Harris, who was considered armed and dangerous, but arrested him late Wednesday night.
Those receiving the 2013 White House holiday card will see a design made by a Grand Rapids artist.