ROCKFORD, Mich. (WOOD) - Some homeowners escaped a fire that sparked in the basement of their Kent County residence Monday morning.
Multiple fire departments were dispatched to the home in the 11800 block of Stultz Street in Oakfield Township, but were shorthanded and needed assistance from more departments.
Firefighters arrived and saw the fire coming from the roof line of the home.
The fact that the fire was in the basement made it difficult for firefighters to douse the flames.
Nobody was hurt and the search for a cause of the fire continues.
After testing large trailer plows last winter, the Michigan Department of Transportation's Southwest Region decided not to purchase any Tow Plows.
A former teacher accused of having inappropriate contact with a student entered a plea Monday.
Is your child safe when riding in the car? Results from a new study show that fewer Michigan drivers are buckling their kids up safely in car seats or booster seats.