GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - A reward is being offered for information about six arsons since December.
The Kent County Sheriff's Department says four garage fires and two vehicle fires south of Grapids Rapids have been ruled arson.
The garage fires all occurred at the Woodfield Apartment Complex:
- Dec. 10 at 11:42 a.m. at 6242 Woodfield Place SE
- Dec. 17 at 9:48 p.m. at 6262 Woodfield Place SE
- Jan. 2 at 11:47 p.m. at 965 Woodfield East Dr SE
- Jan. 9 at 8:37 p.m. at 6095 Woodfield Dr SE
The vehicle fires were:
- March 2 between 1 a.m. and 4:42 a.m. at 8600 Eldora Drive SW
- March 3 at 3:27 a.m. at 7304 Forsythia Avenue SE.
The Michigan Arson Prevention Committee is offering a $5,000 for information leading the conviction of the arsonist.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the sheriff's department at 616.632.6100, Silent Observerat 616.774.2345, or the arson prevention committee at 1.800.44.ARSON.
Former UAW President Owen Bieber, now retired and living in Dorr Township, was wide-eyed at the magnitude of the moment. Nelson Mandela, just out of a South African prison, meeting another civil rights icon -- Rosa Parks -- at the Detroit …
A Grand Rapids sex offender has been charged with another crime against a young girl.
A Grand Rapids man busted for using a 77-year-old woman's credit cards has now been charged with breaking into her home – and raping her.