Clarification: Tuesday, 24 Hour News 8 reported on a Kent County baby boy hurt and court records show it was not an accident. It has come to our attention that we misidentified a relative detail. We wish to clarify that the PPO taken out in this case was actually taken out in 2007, not earlier this month. We apologize for any confusion this caused as we reported this story.
ALGOMA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) -- Court records show a Kent County baby boy was badly hurt -- and that the injury wasn't an accident.
Dominick was about six weeks old when he started having seizures on Aug. 23, court records show. His mother took him to the hospital, when tests showed the boy had some rib fractures.
The court records show there were fingerprints left on Dominick's ribs, indicating it was not an accident.
The baby's mom had no explanation for the injury.
The next day Child Protective Services got involved and took two of Dominick's siblings away -- ages 6 and 3.
There is another family that lived with Dominick's family at their house in Algoma Township.
An attorney for the baby's father contacted 24 Hour News 8 Tuesday night and said that at this point, there are no allegations against either parent.
A donation account has been set up to help the family with its search to find a missing loved one.
Wind chills will be in the single figures Thursday, with snowfall totals in the 1- to 3-inch range.
The passenger in a pickup truck that slid off U.S. 31 and rolled over told 24 Hour News 8 that watching the video of the crash is "heart-wrenching."