GRANDVILLE, Mich. (WOOD) - Portions of many West Michigan roads have been closed for nearly a week due to the recent floods.
But as the high water recedes, some of these roads are reopening to traffic, including these, announced this week --
- I-196 Business Loop (Chicago Drive) between Ivanrest Avenue and Byron Center Avenue is now open in Wyoming
- Westbound and eastbound I-196 exits to Market Avenue are now open
- Chicago Drive between Canal Avenue in Grandville and Main Street in Jenison now has one lane open, in each direction
- Wilson Avenue between 28th Street and Chicago Drive has one lane open to traffic in both directions
- Fairlanes Avenue south of Chicago Drive is passable for one lane of traffic in each direction, although there remains some water on the road
- In Jenison, Chicago Drive is open over Rush Creek near I-196
- All of the I-196 ramps to/from M-121 (Chicago Drive) and Baldwin Street are now open, except for the westbound M-121 (Chicago Drive) entrance ramp to westbound I-196
The Ford Mustang is celebrating its 50th birthday with a new design and plans to go global.
Organizers say it would mark the largest effort yet in a push for higher pay.
A fire damaged a vacant house in Kalamazoo, and the cause is being ruled as suspicious.