WYOMING, Mich. (WOOD) - Fire crews are investigating after a fire sparked at a mobile home in Wyoming Sunday morning.
It happened at Country Estates in the 900 block of Tarpon Street at around 5 a.m.
Fire crews told 24 Hour News 8 that the fire started in the front of the home in the living room.
Three people live inside of the mobile home, but Lance Terpstra was inside of the home at the time. Terpstra said he was sleeping and smelled smoke. He walked to the front of the home and saw flames.
Terpstra told 24 Hour News 8 that he kicked out a window to escape safely.
One of the roommates, Victor, said he was at a neighbor's house when he smelled smoke. He walked outside and saw flames and then called police.
The fire remains under investigation.
GRAM Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony in front of a festive downtown crowd at Rosa Parks Circle Friday night.
Two people were taken to the hospital after one vehicle crossed the center line, causing a head-on crash in Ada Township Friday night.
Michigan authorities say at least 20 wolves have been killed in the Upper Peninsula during the state's first wolf hunt in decades.