KENTWOOD, Mich. (WOOD) - A Kentwood barber and beauty shop has reopened after it had to close due to a fire.
An electrical fire sparked in the awning on the front of Scott's Barber & Beauty on the corner of Division Avenue and 44th Street around 5 p.m. Monday.
Fire crews were called to put out the fire, which was contained to the front awning area of the building.
Because it was hot outside, firefighters had to take turns working to douse the flames to avoid heat exhaustion.
No one was inured in the fire.
There was a small amount of smoke and water damage in the building, but the business was able to reopen on Tuesday.
Global civil rights icon Nelson Mandela, whose legacy is ending South African apartheid, has died.
The case of a man accused of the involuntary manslaughter of three children who died in a February apartment fire is ready to go to a jury.
A Grand Rapids man has been arrested in connection to the case of a Jenison teen who was missing.