LOWELL, Mich. (WOOD) - A fire caused workers at a Lowell warehouse to evacuate Wednesday night.
The fire started around 6:30 p.m., Lowell Area Fire Chief Frank Martin told 24 Hour News 8 at the scene.
There were at least two workers inside Powermate Inc and Advanced Metal Fabrications, 12958 Christopher Dr., at the time.
Martin said there were large flames coming through the roof of the building when firefighters arrived.
Firefighters were able to quickly gain access to the building and extinguish the flames.
The company makes aluminum railings for auditoriums and schools.
The owner of the company was also inside the building when the fire started and told 24 Hour News 8 the building is equipped with fire doors, which shut automatically during a fire.
No one was injured in the fire and it is unknown how the fire ignited.
Three other fire departments were called to the scene to help the Lowell Area Fire Department.
Crystal Flash has a gas and propane distribution center next to the warehouse, but Chief Martin told 24 Hour News 8 there was no fear of the fire spreading to the facility.
GRAM Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony in front of a festive downtown crowd at Rosa Parks Circle Friday night.
Two people were taken to the hospital after one vehicle crossed the center line, causing a head-on crash in Ada Township Friday night.
People are rioting in East Lansing in the wake of Michigan State's win over Ohio State Saturday night.