WYOMING, Mich. (WOOD) - Nobody was injured when a bathroom ceiling fan caught fire Thursday morning inside a Wyoming apartment.
Firefighters responded around 7:40 a.m. Thursday to the Carolina Estates, 2410 36th St. SW.
A smoke detector awoke the resident and firefighters evacuated the building as a precaution. They were allowed to return about an hour later.
An investigation revealed the fire started on a third floor residence and spread to the insulation of the apartment. The damage was contained to the bathroom.
A Lowell woman accused of ripping off a 91-year-old she called a friend must pay back thousands.
A mechanic was rammed through the back door of a lube shop after being hit by a customer's SUV.
Next September, tobacco use will be banned on all Western Michigan University campuses.