GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - A woman suffered smoke inhalation after a fire sparked inside her Grand Rapids residence Wednesday afternoon.
She escaped and was treated at the scene by emergency personnel.
It is unknown how the fire ignited around 1 p.m. at the residence in the 200 block of Fox Street SW.
The home sustained significant damage.
A bill before the House would hold back third-grade students who are not proficient in reading.
Power lines blocked busy 28th Street near the Grand Rapids-Kentwood border Monday evening.
Former South African president Nelson Mandela will be honored Tuesday morning with a public memorial service expected to be viewed by people around the world.