GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - A fire sparked at an apartment building in Grand Rapids early Friday morning.
The fire started after 3:30 a.m. at the Weston Apartments on 50 Weston Street SW.
According to police, the overhead sprinkler put the fire out before crews got there, but they did have to perform CPR on a person.
It is not yet known if the CPR that was given to the person was a result of the fire or the condition of the person.
A bill before the House would hold back third-grade students who are not proficient in reading.
Power lines blocked busy 28th Street near the Grand Rapids-Kentwood border Monday evening.
Former South African president Nelson Mandela will be honored Tuesday morning with a public memorial service expected to be viewed by people around the world.