GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - An electrical fire is the apparent cause of a fire that significantly damaged a home n the southeast side of Grand Rapids Wednesday afternoon.
The fire began in the front porch area of the home in the 1800 block of Willard SE, officials said. Fire crews had to contend with both the flames and an active power line leading to the house.
No one was hurt, and the homeowner and his cat got out safely.
Philanthropist Ralph W. Hauenstein is donating $1 million to Grand Valley State University's Hauenstein Center for Presidential Studies.
A woman from Mount Pleasant died after her SUV crashed on a road in Montcalm County.
Mirror parts found at the scene indicate it may be a 2005 Chevrolet Uplander.