GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - Cinco de Mayo is this Sunday, and the Cinco de Mayo Downtown Fiesta will be held on Saturday in Grand Rapids.
In its second year, the festival, which is put on by the Arena District, will be held at Parking Lot 3 between Weston Street SW and Oakes Street SW from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Live entertainment will be headlined by Houston-based Maximo y Mo Millones, and includes the following acts:
- 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.: DJ The-E Producer
- 2 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.: Orquesta Tradicion (Salsa)
- 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.: Orquesta Candela (Salsa)
- 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.: Grupo Cabildo (Latin Rock/Jazz)
- 6:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.: DJ The-E Producer
- 6:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.: Los Tribaleroz (Tribal)
- 7:45 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.: Super Nova (Cumbia)
- 8:45 p.m. - 10 p.m.: Maximo y Mo Millones (Reggaeton Duo from Houston, Tx)
Other entertainment includes a Buffalo Wild Wings wing-eating contest that will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Tickets cost $10 in advance and $15 at the gate. To purchase tickets, click here . You must be 21 to attend the event.
Six years after she vanished, detectives are still working to find out who killed Janna Kelly.
A former Grand Rapids Community College president has died.
A Kalamazoo man accused of beating another man, pouring gasoline on him and leaving him in a Dumpster now faces a murder charge.