LANSING, Mich. (WOOD) - Six people suffered carbon monoxide poisoning at a home in Lansing.
Some of the family members were conscious and very sick. One of them was able to call 911.
WILX reports emergency personnel arrived around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday to the residence in 4900 block of Tenny Street.
Firefighters determined there was a high level of the colorless and odorless gas in the home.
The four children and two adults were transported to Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, and then transferred to Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital in Grand Rapids, 24 Hour News 8 has been told.
One way to treat carbon monoxide poisoning is through a hyperbaric oxygen therapy program.
The program is available at Spectrum Health, and the only one of its kind in Michigan to be accredited by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society.
One person is dead after firefighters found the victim's body inside a condominium complex in Kalamazoo Township that was on fire Wednesday afternoon.
11 fire departments from several counties were called out to a fire at an adult entertainment club Wednesday afternoon.
Holland police were searching for 28-year-old Mark Steven Randall Harris, who was considered armed and dangerous, but arrested him late Wednesday night.